NEW THIS SUMMER- Camps at Ridge Haven Cono in Walker, Iowa! Click here for details.
Service Project Camp (SPC) is designed to give youth groups and individual rising 6th-12th graders the chance to develop team-building skills in a fun and exciting camp environment. This low-cost alternative to a typical camp is a unique opportunity for youth to take the next step in their Christian walk while having the time of their lives!
Here’s what to look forward to:
- Campers will spend 3-4 hours each afternoon working together on a service project on the Ridge Haven property.
- Projects will mostly involve landscaping, including clearing brush, blazing new hiking trails, and building rock walls. Campers are not required to have any special skills to get the job done, just the willingness to roll up their sleeves and get a little dirt under their nails.
- During the rest of the day, campers can experience all the benefits of our normal camps, including worship times, special music, group games, and endless recreational activities.
- Enjoy every kind of fun under the sun: Check out the activities we offer at our Brevard campus here and see our Cono activities here.
- Grow closer to each other and closer to the Lord during special times of worship, devotion, and prayer.
- Play and work with the guidance of dozens of hard-working summer staff who live out their faith every day.
Watch our camp video to get an inside look at what camp at Ridge Haven is like:
Speakers (Ridge Haven Brevard)
June 4 - 9 - Dean Conkel
Dean Conkel is the Asst. Pastor at First Presbyterian Church Panama City, FL. Working primarily but not exclusively with youth, children and their families, Dean brings over 30 years of youth ministry experience to the week at Ridge Haven that he calls, ' One of the highlights of my summer each year.' Dean is married to Pearl, his lovely bride of 31 years. They have 3 sons; Tim, Mike and Matt, all joyful veterans of Ridge Haven camps and conferences. Dean enjoys being active outdoors in Panama City (lots of bays to kayak on, beaches to walk and trails to hike), while also enjoying the privilege of being called to teach, preach and enjoy the Word of God. Jesus Christ lovingly rules the home but Snuffy, the Conkel's WestiePoo, is a terrific asst. director.
July 23 - 28 - John Fender
John is originally from Jesup, Ga and grew up in Glynn County, GA. Before coming to Pooler in 2005 to help start the First Presbyterian Church of Pooler, he pastored in Marion, AL. John graduated with a business degree from Mercer University and a Masters of Divinity Degree from Covenant Theological Seminary. He and his wife Leslie have been married for 22 years and they have two children, Caroline and Catherine. Both girls have enjoyed coming to Ridge Haven for years!
Be sure also to check out our other summer events for Junior and Senior Highers:
Check out photos from all of our 2017 Summer Camps!
For questions regarding Service Project Camp, call us at 828-862-3916.
Our office hours are 9 am - 5:30 pm (Monday - Friday).