February 23-25, 2018
Godly parenting will make a huge difference in the life of a child; without it, children are left to be lovers of self, disobedient to parents; lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.
At the Ridge Haven Parenting Retreat, you will learn . . .
- A proven strategy for raising children who reach heaven by God’s grace
- A proper use of the biblical rod that removes foolishness from a child
- How to get your children properly engaged in corporate worship
- How to aggressively train your children in God’s love, righteousness and obedience
- How to focus on the same absolutes as Jesus for making children of God
- How to develop children ruled by the gospel of Christ rather than the legalism of man
Speaker: David Rountree
David Rountree has been pastoring New Covenant Church in Anderson, South Carolina since May of 1988. He grew up just twenty-five miles north of Anderson in Greenville, South Carolina where he attended J.L. Mann High School. After high school, he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) from Covenant College (1980) in Lookout Mountain, Georgia, a Master of Divinity degree (M. Div.) from Reformed Theological Seminary (1983) in Jackson, Mississippi, and a Doctor of Ministry degree (D. Min.) from Fuller Theological Seminary (1996) in Pasadena, California.From December 1983 until May 1988, Dr. Rountree was the pastor of Central Presbyterian Church in Kingstree, South Carolina.
He married Patti Burton in 1980 and they have three children, Andy, Bethany, Timothy, two daughters-in- law, Kaitlyn married to Timothy, Bailey married to Andy, one son-in law, Josh married to Bethany, two grandsons, Drew and Jackson, and two granddaughters, Clara and Olivia. In addition to spending time with his family, David enjoys golf, hunting, fishing, reading, and just about anything that involves family and friends. David was converted to Christ in 1974 under the preaching of the Word of God while attending a Youth in Missions Conference at Lake Junaluska Conference Center in North Carolina. He received the Spirit’s call to the ministry of the Word in 1978 and has been preaching and teaching for the glory of God ever since.