- At Traveler's Rest just north of Greenville, take US 276 north to US 276/ SC 11 continuing West and North (The Cherokee Foothills Scenic Highway). (Warning: Do NOT take the SC 11 turnoff to the right [East]) Follow US 276/ SC 11 west until US 276 breaks off to the north and SC 11 continues to the West - remain on SC 11.
- Follow SC 11 to the 4-way stop, blinking light intersection of US 178.
- Turn right onto US 178 and follow approximately 14.5 miles up the mountain to the Ridge Haven turnoff. You will pass the small Red Lion Inn (about 2 miles before the turnoff).
- At the top of the uphill grade, just past the Ridge Haven sign on the left, turn left almost 180 degrees onto Road 1139, Old Toxaway Road.*
- Follow the signs approximately 4 miles to Frozen Creek Road.
- Turn right onto Frozen Creek Road and look for the Ridge Haven entrance on your right.
* - If it is snowing and/or Old Toxaway is closed, continue on US 178 towards Rosman. Turn left onto Main St., and then left again toward US 64. Turn left onto US 64 West and continue until you see the Ridge Haven sign near the white-frame Victory Baptist Church on the right and the blue M&M Grading building on the left. Turn left at the sign onto Frozen Creek Road and follow the road approximately 4.5 miles to the entrance to Ridge Haven on the left.