Service Project Camp
|2015 Service Project Camp Dates|
|June 15th - 19th (4 nights/5 days)|
|July 6th - 10th (4 nights/5 days)|
|Full! July 27th - 31st (4 nights/5 days)|
|Junior High Camp (June 1st - 6th)|
|Junior High Camp (June 8th - 12th)|
|Senior High Camp (June 8th - 12th)|
|Senior High CSI Experience (June 8th - 19th)|
|Senior High CSI Experience (July 6th - 17th)|
Service Project Camp (SPC) is designed to give youth groups and individual Junior Highers and Senior Highers (rising 6th - rising 12th graders) the chance to develop team-building skills in a fun and exciting camp environment. This low-cost alternative to a typical camp is a unique opportunity for youth to take the next step in their Christian walk while having the time of their lives!
Here’s what to look forward to:
- Campers will spend 3-4 hours each afternoon working together on a service project on the Ridge Haven property.
- Projects will mostly involve landscaping, including clearing brush, blazing new hiking trails, and building rock walls. Campers are not required to have any special skills to get the job done, just the willingness to roll up their sleeves and get a little dirt under their nails.
- During the rest of the day, campers can experience all the benefits of our normal camps, including worship times, special music, group games, and endless recreational activities.
- Enjoy every kind of fun under the sun: head to our big lake to swim, kayak, and plunge down our 100-foot water slide, ropes courses, dive into our Mud Pit, or jump on mountain bikes and explore our scenic and spacious property. And that’s just scratching the surface! See more activities here.
- Grow closer to each other and closer to the Lord during special times of worship, devotion, and prayer.
- Play and work with the guidance of dozens of hard-working summer staff who live out their faith every day.
Watch our camp video to get an inside look at what camp at Ridge Haven is like:
During SPC, campers will be blessed to hear from the following speakers:
- June 15-19: Chuck Berry is the pastor of Crosspoint Church, located in Boone, NC on the edge of the App State University campus. Chuck is married and is the father of 4 daughters, ages 21, 19, 16, and 9. Chuck loves how the gospel sets people free through the power of God's enabling grace, and enjoys hanging out with people, especially youth
- July 6-10: Rev. Patrick Womack of Hazelwood Presbyterian Church in Waynesville, NC. Patrick grew up attending Hazelwood Presbyterian Church with his family. His childhood pastor, Fred Murphy, led him to trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as his savior. In answer to God's call to preach the gospel, he enrolled as a student at Reformed Theological Seminary (RTS) in Jackson, MS. During his three years there, he preached weekly at the Cuba Presbyterian Church in Cuba, AL. In 1992, Patrick graduated from RTS with a Masters degree and was called to Westview Presbyterian Church in Mt. Holly, NC. While at Westview, he was ordained to the Gospel Ministry and married his wife, Kathy. Patrick was called by Carolina Presbyterian Church in Locust, NC in 1996 and served as senior pastor there until called by the congregation of Hazelwood to come back home. Kathy and Patrick are blessed with two teenage children, Joseph and Sarah.
- July 27-31: Rev. Dean Conkel of Dayspring Presbyterian Church in Forsyth, GA. Although Dean is the Pastor at Dayspring, he has never really left youth ministry. He and his wife, Pearl, continue to joyfully work with youth at Dayspring, in their community, within different presbyteries, and throughout the PCA. Dean loves Christ, His Word, and the people he is called to teach, encourage, and connect with. Dean and Pearl have 3 sons: Tim, Mike, and Matt...and one beloved westiepoo named Snuffy. They live in the quiet town of Forsyth, GA...in a home that is seldom quiet.
Cost & Registration
Service Project Camp, which is 4 nights/5 days, is available at the prices below:
- June 15-19: $275 per camper
- July 6-10: $275 per camper
- July 27-31: $190 per camper
Register early and save:
- Register by May 1: $15 discount
- No other discounts apply
Be sure also to check out our other summer events for Junior Highers and Senior Highers:
Check out photos from both of our 2014 Service Project Camps:
For questions regarding SPC, call us toll free at 877-862-3916. Our office hours are 9 am - 5:30 pm (Monday - Friday).